Jungle d66 Encounter Table
|11||1d6 Tigers||41||The air is filled with the smell of Pungent Weed. You can collect some here if you like. Smoking it or eating it gets you “stoned” giving you +1 armour for 24 hours.|
|12||1d6 Feathered Folk||42||A Machete (Damages as Sword) is sticking out of the trunk of a nearby tree. It is in poor shape but still works.|
|13||1d6 Drocks||43||You find bits of plaster and brass fittings, the remains of a recently destroyed Drock . These can be used in repairing or building another.|
|14||2d6 Goblins||44||You find a collection of feathers arranged on a parka. This can operate as a disguise to pass as a Feathered Folk.|
|15||1 Knight of the Road||45||Windelion Flowers sprout off of every surface here. When their drifting spores are detached, they cause a gust of wind to carry them away.|
|16||1d6 Lizard-Men||46||Climbing Vines|
|21||You find tiger prints and the skeleton of a feathered folk in a puddle of carnage. If it is night time 1d6 Tigers are prowling in the area.||51||A Gulptoad Swallows a Smaller Gulptoad Whole|
|22||Feathers litter the ground near some tracks of taloned feet. If it is night time 1d6 Feathered Folks wander out of the jungle.||52||The Mosquitos Have an Orgy|
|23||Bits of plaster and brass fittings are scattered throughout the foliage here. If it is nighttime, there are 1d6 Drocks here collecting their leavings.||53||The Birds of Paradise Yodel Followed by Faceless Applause|
|24||You walk through an area of jungle coated in a viscous fluid. It smells strongly of urine. If it is nighttime, 2d6 Goblins are here leaking everywhere.||54||Pollen and Spore Release|
|25||The jungle here has been hacked through by a machete, and horse tracks litter the ground. If it is nighttime a Knight of the Road is here trying to find his way through the jungle.||55||The Shadows Form a Lie|
|26||Clawed footprints push deep into the mud here, and the perfectly regimented gait indicates military precision in travel. The footprints are followed by a slithering mark. If it is nighttime, 1d6 Lizard-Men are coming back to cover his tracks when you encounter him.||56||The Breeze Sings You a Song|
|31||The Dew of the Jungle Flows to the Ground like a Waterfall. All around you, the liquid pours from the canopy to the ground and is swallowed up by the dense flora of the jungle floor.||61||Pamphlet Propaganda About the Ills of Palace Life and the Virtues of Jungle Living|
|32||A gap appears in the canopy above, filling the area with light. The shape of this light is that of a large bird.||62||Page from How to Eat Feathered Folk|
|33||The flowers in the part of the jungle bloom, revealing a new color. Name it.||63||Crystallized Cyclops Tear|
|34||The jungle floor here is lush and fluffy with flora. You may rest here as though you were in a warm, safe place.||64||Tire Tracks from 1974 Volvo|
|35||The Foggy Vapours Smell Sweetly Familiar||65||Cigarette Butts (Marlow Reds)|
|36||The Smell of Pungent Herb Wafts by||66||Cyclops Print Valley and Glade, Smashed Animals and Plants|
Giant Mushroom Forest
|11||1 Parchment Witch||41||Mushroom Leather (as Light Armour)|
|12||1d6 Piscean||42||Edible Mushrooms (as Provisions)|
|13||1 Sympathy Serpent||43||Magic Mushrooms (as Second Sight)|
|14||1d6 Tigers||44||Dwarf Tools|
|15||1d6 Feathered Folk||45||Shroom Syrup Spile and bucket of Shroom Sap|
|16||1 Troll||46||Discarded Random Weapon|
|21||Same as 11 at night, Signs of during day.||51||the Cloud Worms come down to eat the mushroom tops|
|22||Same as 12 at night, Signs of during day.||52||The Mushrooms Telepathically Broadcast their worst dad jokes|
|23||Same as 13 at night, Signs of during day.||53||Mushroom Migration, the all move to be out of the sunlight.|
|24||Same as 14 at night, Signs of during day.||54||A flight of hallucinating feathered folk have forgotten civilization and sit feasting on raw Gulptoads|
|25||Same as 15 at night, Signs of during day.||55||Enlightened Tigers are Meditating beneath a mushroom and performing poetry from their palace days|
|26||Same as 16 at night, Signs of during day.||56||A Troll is relieving himself, he finds it peaceful here|
|31||Mushrooms Glow Gently and Pulsate||61||A Tiger Palace tourist map|
|32||The Shadows of the Mushrooms Resemble Cyclops Marching||62||Directions from Lagos to Zimbus Zane to Chapultepec|
|33||Iridescent Waters Fall from the Mushroom Tops into Oily Pools||63||Feathered Folk Journal about the Greatness of Omakala|
|34||The Spore Clouds Create Anti-Rainbows||64||A Pair of Tiger-sized Toe Cuffs|
|35||Tiny Mushrooms Grow and march around the Ground looking for a good spot to grow||65||A Zoanthrop witness to Chi chi getting into “costume”|
|36||One of the large mushrooms wakes up and asks you questions about the year||66||a plasmic core that whispers familiar words to you|
|11||1 Zoanthrope||41||Tuber Grubs (as Provisions)|
|12||1 Breathing Beet||42||Ruby Lorgnettes|
|13||1 Night Pig||43||The Velare|
|14||1d6 Tigers||44||A Harvesters Yoke|
|15||1d6 Feathered Folk||45||An Abandoned Pistolet|
|16||2d6 Owl||46||Some Astrological Equipment hangs high up in the Tubers|
|21||Same as 11 at night, Signs of during day.||51||a Death hen pulls tuber grubs out of the ground here|
|22||Same as 12 at night, Signs of during day.||52||a Gargantuan Moth hatches from its cocoon high above|
|23||Same as 13 at night, Signs of during day.||53||Tuber blooms gurgle up from below the ground, they smell sweet and alcoholic|
|24||Same as 14 at night, Signs of during day.||54||A Tuber Caterpillar Comes up to smell you, but you are not a tuber|
|25||Same as 15 at night, Signs of during day.||55||A space cast from another sphere has been picked up by one of the tubers and it is a commercials break|
|26||Same as 16 at night, Signs of during day.||56||A feathered folk is here preparing an offering for chi chi|
|31||Sudden Violent Tuber Growth||61||Tire Tracks from 1974 Volvo|
|32||Felled Giant Tuber||62||Hand Written Notes Workshopping Cult Ideas|
|33||A Mosquito Colony clusters on the Tuber Base||63||A Boot Print Inside a Penguin Print|
|34||A Nutrient Stream flows out of a burst tuber pustule||64||Feathered Folk Journal about the Greatness of Omakala|
|35||The ground shifts in snakelike patterns as the tubers communicate with their roots below ground||65||a plasmic core that whispers familiar words to you|
|36||A breeze picks up the intoxicating scent of the tuber blooms||66||d6 Pocket Gods|
|4||1 God of the Ichthyes|
|11||1d6 Diggin Drocks||41||A Payphone|
|12||1d6 Hiking Tigers||42||Dead Hikers Remains|
|13||1d6 Pilgrim Feathered Folk||43||A Tiger Suit|
|14||1 Troll Patrolling||44||Pinwheel Weeds|
|15||1 Manticore Looking for Love||45||Salt Rope|
|16||1 Donestre Ambling||46||Skymoose Antlers|
|21||Same as 11 at night, Signs of during day.||51||A Mother Death Hen Feeds her Young|
|22||Same as 12 at night, Signs of during day.||52||Goats Eating Pinwheel Weeds|
|23||Same as 13 at night, Signs of during day.||53||Corpse Tulips Bloom|
|24||Same as 14 at night, Signs of during day.||54||Slime Sludge Gurgles and Drains|
|25||Same as 15 at night, Signs of during day.||55||A Breeze Whispers Words|
|26||Same as 16 at night, Signs of during day.||56||Shadows Form a Truth|
|31||The Tourmaline Clouds Roil and Boil||61||A Boot Print Inside a Penguin Print|
|32||Yellow and Purple Ore glisten in the mountain stone||62||Page from How to Tame a Cyclops|
|33||The Battlefly swarm has begun its migration||63||Purchase Order for Dwarf Souls|
|34||The Two Suns (4 Moons) dance||64||Hand Written Notes Workshopping Cult Ideas|
|35||A Slime Sludge Gieser Errupts||65||Key to Chi Chi’s Ship (Troll Lost)|
|36||Waterfall with Rainbow Mist||66||Letter for Chi Chi from Bizel|
- Cawcaw – the City of the Feathered Folk
- This is a community of 100ish Feathered Folk.
- They have recently joined a religion brought to them by a very persuasive penguin named chi chi.
- Chichianity is the religious worship of the penguin chi chi.
- The Golden Barge – This is where you parked your barge
- Chi Chi’s Crash Site
- Chi Chi is actually a demon in disguise.
- They are seeking to gain control over the giant Gugox.
- They are manipulating the Feathered Folk to buy time while he figures out how to control the beast.
- The Piles
- These are weird towers that the Feathered Folk use to watch over the region.
- They tend to shoot first and ask questions later.
- The Tiger Sands
- This is a giant desert/litterbox of the Tigers of Chapultepec
- They love nothing more than day naps and snacking on Feathered Folk
- Idol of the Melancholy Dingus
- This strange statue is huge and contains altars for ancient rituals
- Anyone who cries tears into the altar receives +1 damage until the next time they sleep.
- Handed Hill
- This “Hill” is what remains of a skeletal hand
- it is in fact the hand of Gugox Father
- Another Cyclops, actually heard Gugox was out here and has been looking for them.
- Became distracted by the Dancing Tulips and hasn’t left this field since.
- If brought together with Gugox they are very likely to eventually make a cyclops baby.
- 1974 Volvo
- Battery is dead but it has a full tank of gas.
- There are 12 silver pence in between the seats.
- Radio doesn’t work, but there is an amazing cassette collection of dad rock.
- Omakala’s Tower
- The Tower Wizard Omakala sits up here and orchestrates the digging of the deep pit at 11.
- All of his servants are hypnotized feathered folk. They started by following him religiously, but things got weird, and he needed to go further to generate compliance.
- The Heart Hole
- At the center of this sphere is a giant hardened ghost, big enough to make millions of plasma cores.
- Omakala has papers indicating his right to dig, these are legit, but his methods for controlling the feathered folk are not.
- The Snailmail Fortress
- The Boiling Sea
- This is where the God of the Ichthyes is chilling. He wants to watch someone do something mundane.
- A Cyclops who is tearfully mourning the dwarves he accidentally smashed. He does not know about the drocks
- If informed of the drocks and their plight, he will happily work to finish them and help them find purpose.
- The Drocks of the Stinking Calamity
- The Stinking Calamity Occurred when the Cyclopic Giant Gugox accidentally sat on the Dwarves. They were trying to communicate to him that he would block up there holes and prevent them from leaving below, but he did not see them until it was too late. Now he weeps for their loss without knowing anything about the Drocks.
- Moving Snail Fortress (Very Slow)
- Escape Pod
- The Idol of the Well-Fed Tiger
- 2d6 well fed Tiger are here Purrrraying
- They are currently well fed so are only interested in being pet and taking a nap
- They know the story of Gugox and the Drocks
- Head of the Giant Mountain